Photo by Chasen Martinsen – 2016 Australia & New Zealand Program
WCCCSA has 17 member colleges and often members run their own study abroad programs which may be open to other member community college students. For more information on these programs contact your school’s WCCCSA Campus Coordinator or the organizing school’s coordinator directly.
Winter Quarter – Australia/New Zealand Study Abroad – Green River College
Quarter-long program during winter:
- Five weeks in Melbourne, Australia & five weeks in Auckland, New Zealand
- Earn 15 college credits for History, Biology, and Intercultural Communication
- Important Dates:
- Program Dates: January 8 – March 16, 2019
- Application/Full Payment Deadline: October 19, 2018
- Cost: $8,230 includes airfare, overseas airport transfer, lab fee, and airport taxes and surcharges (land-only option $6,730)
Applications are now being accepted. Remember, winter here is summer down-under!
To find out more, visit www.greenriver.edu/academics/study-abroad/australia-and-new-zealand or contact Cindy Card at 253-833-9111 ext. 2160 or email@example.com.
Spring Quarter – Taiwan Study Abroad – Green River College
- 5-weeks studying at home using Canvas and video conferencing and then 7-weeks in Taipei, Taiwan
- Earn 15 college credits in Humanities, Philosophy, and Foreign Language
- Program Dates:
- April 1 – May 7: Online coursework in USA
- May 8 – June 21: Taiwan coursework abroad
- Application Deadline:
- Early-bird deadline: November 1, 2018 (save $100)
- Final deadline: December 1, 2018
- Cost: $3,150 for non-Green River students (does not include airfare or tuition)
- Balance of Program Fees Due: January 26, 2019
Experienced community college faculty members will lead the group and teach the curriculum along with local Taiwanese faculty members. Taiwanese students will assist as language partners and to help with customs and cultural adjustments.
Fall Quarter – Japan Study Abroad – Green River College
Quarter-long program during fall:
- 10-weeks in Tokyo, Japan
- Earn 15 colleger credits in Digital Photography, Creative Writing, and Japanese Culture
- Important Dates:
- Program Dates: September 25 – December 5, 2018
- Application Deadline: July 6, 2018
- Cost: $6,490 includes airfare (land-only option $5,590)
Experienced community college faculty members will lead the group and teach the curriculum along with local Japanese faculty members. Japanese students will assist as language partners and to help with customs and cultural adjustments.