For quarter-long WCCCSA programs, WCCCSA awards two $1,000 scholarships to selected program participants. To find out more about this scholarship opportunity and how to apply, contact your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator.
WCCCSA Scholarship Rules
1. You must have applied to a WCCCSA study abroad program and paid the deposit in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. You must write an essay on a topic chosen by the WCCCSA Scholarship Committee. You will find more information about the essay on the Scholarship Application Form. The essay must be typed and submitted by 5pm on or before the application deadline for the program.
3. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Pre-Departure Orientation.
4. Each scholarship recipient must agree to help WCCCSA promote the study abroad program after they have completed their program. The assignment given to them will require no more than four hours work and will be a project mutually agreed upon by both the award recipient and the WCCCSA campus representative. Projects may include (but are not limited to):
- tasks such as sharing of photos and personal reflections of your program
- help with orientation of the next program
- talking with classes on your campus to help promote the program
- making a video to help promote study abroad
- visiting other nearby campuses to talk about the program, etc.
WCCCSA Scholarship Chair
Whatcom Community College