For quarter long WCCCSA programs, WCCCSA awards two $1,000 scholarships to selected program participants. To find out more about this scholarship opportunity and how to apply please contact your WCCCSA Campus Coordinator.
WCCCSA Scholarship Application Form and Information: WCCCSA-Scholarship-Application
Rules of Scholarship:
1. Students must have applied to the study abroad program and paid the deposit in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
2. Students must write an essay on a topic chosen by the WCCCSA Scholarship Committee. You will find more information about the essay in the scholarship application form. The essay must be typed and submitted by 5pm on or before the application deadline for the program.
3. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the pre-departure orientation.
4. Each scholarship recipient must agree to help WCCCSA promote the Study Abroad program after they have completed their program. The assignment given to them will require no more than 4 hours work and will be a project mutually agreed upon by both the award recipient and a WCCCSA campus representative. Projects may include (but are not limited to):
- tasks such as sharing of photos and personal reflections of their program
- help with orientation of the next program
- talking with classes on their campus to help promote the program
- making a video to help promote study abroad
- visiting other nearby campuses to talk about the program, etc.
Ulli Schraml, WCCCSA Scholarship Chair
Whatcom Community College