WCCCSA seeks enthusiastic and creative faculty who can demonstrate a history of effectiveness in their instructional discipline and the ability to successfully forward student participation and academic progress. Interested instructors need strong interpersonal communication skills and a keen awareness of the realities of providing instruction to US community college students overseas. A strong foundation in intercultural awareness/communication, student development, and cross-cultural adjustment is required to teach on a WCCCSA program.
Faculty applicants are evaluated on the following criteria:
1. Relevance of the proposed course to its respective environment
2. Applicability of proposed courses to general education distribution requirements
3. Record of college-level teaching excellence with proposed or similar courses
4. Previous international education experience and student service experience
5. Record of collegial cooperation and interdisciplinary instruction
Important: To apply to teach on a program, instructors applying must teach at a member school. A list of member schools and campus contacts can be found here: Member Schools.
March 22 for Spring Quarter, 2014 Prague, Czech Republic
Interviews are expected to be held in April 2013
May 17 for Fall Quarter, 2014 London, England
Interviews are expected to be held in June 2013
Completed applications must be received in the office on this date. Only completed applications will be considered. Once submitted, applications cannot be changed or amended for reconsideration.
Send your application packet to:
Jesse Aspree, WCCCSA Chair
Associate Director, International Student Services
Edmonds Community College